CHELINO SAFETY PRINCIPLES
THE MOST IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTIONS.
The D.S.F. innovation principle is the main structure behind all Chelino products. We stand to achieve the highest safety standards, whilst implementing a clear and exclusive design combined with intelligent functionality.
Here we have outlined some of our most important safety principles for you:
ACCIDENT STATISTICSACCIDENT STATISTICS
- Unsecure children are seven times more likely to be seriously injured or killed in a car accident than secured children.
- 83 % of secured children remain unharmed in an accident (source: German road safety organization, information sheet #4, may 2009).
- The vast majority of accidents – 87 % – are frontal and side-impact collisions (source: bast – federal highway research institute, booklet f 67, 2007).
- This is why we recommend to always use a child car seat. Every seat, regardless of the design, ensures a much higher level of safety compared to driving without a child car seat.
- Chelino provides the highest levels of safety for your child. The diligent team of Chelino child safety experts, utilise decades of experience to ensure that continuous safety advances are made.
- In the product development stage, Chelino employs the D.S.F. innovation principle – combining contemporary design with superior safety, quality and intelligent functionality. Various patents have been developed specifically in the core areas of child safety.
- Chelino products pass various amounts of crash tests every year.
- Every new crash test leads to immediate improvements and further developments of our products.
- Chelino consistently uses the ISOFIX respectively.
- ISOFIX connect system is an easy-to handle system for installing a child car seat into the vehicle, it also increases stability and safety.
- All group 1 (9 – 18 kg) car seats from Chelino are equipped with an adjustable impact shield.
- In case of an accident this acts in a similar way to an inflated airbag. The force of a collision is distributed over the large area of the impact shield and thus absorbed by its impact-absorbing materials. The sensitive head, neck and chest are protected. Due to the easy installation, misuse is virtually impossible.
- Chelino commonly fit all of its rear-facing ISOFIX car seats with a load leg that impeccably absorbs the force of a frontal collision.
- The load leg also provides further stability during the journey and significantly reduces the risk of misuse.
- For children in group 1 (9 – 18 kg) Chelino is moving away from forward-facing seats with a harness system, because of the strain that is caused by the impact in a frontal collision, particularly on the sensitive neck area, this is considerably greater than with rear-facing seats or forward facing systems with impact shield technology. In these cases, the force of the impact is absorbed across a greater area, significantly reducing the strain on the neck, head and chest areas.